Saturday, August 9, 2014

My Week in Snapshots: Week 3

Hello Vintage-istas!

This week has been a week of jumping back into real life.  After blissfully running away from all my responsibilities, I am getting back into the practice room, hitting the pavement with my half-marathon training and preparing my music curriculum for the Fall. I am feeling refreshed and have found a renewed passion for my art form, but goodness, it is exhausting!

Here are a few snapshots:

We found this beautiful Fall leaf on our run this week! I am so not ready for Summer to be over....


The sunflowers are in full bloom right now! Ah, a sunflower will forever remind me of my dear late aunt, Lori McLain, who grew the most beautiful sunflower in her backyard.


We happened across these awesome retro chairs at a tag sale! I am not sure where they will even go in our apartment, but I couldn't leave without them.


Well, it is Summer and Connecticut really does have the BEST ice cream!


Soooo much German is being shoved in my head right now! I am preparing a role in Der Rosenkavalier in November, so the practice room is becoming my second home.


Here's a little love, just because the world is scary right now and I don't think too much of it could be spread. A man holding a sign in West Hartford Center said it best: BRAHMS NOT BOMBS.


Leonard Bernstein said, "This will be our reply to violence: to make music more intensely, more beautifully, more devotedly than ever before."

 
Here's a little Brahms' Requiem to help soothe your soul this week. If you jump to 40:01 you can hear me as the soprano soloist with the Arizona State University Symphony and Choruses.


 Salut!

The Vintage Chanteuse

No comments:

Post a Comment