Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Wanderlust

I have incurable Wanderlust; my heart longs to travel nearly everyday. My fiancé and I have a travel "bucket list" nearly a mile long! We love to showcase our adventures in our apartment through the use of globes, maps, souvenirs, and photos. With our impending road trip just hours away, I can't help but think on the adventures we have taken together and the gentle reminders of our memories throughout our apartment. 


We have hidden globes in every corner of our apartment, tilted to various geographic locations on our bucket list. Oh, and did I mention we got engaged in Paris?! Hence the overwhelming amount of French poetry books, Eiffel Towers, and overtly romantic pictures of us drinking champagne on the streets of Paris and biking along the French countryside in Versailles.


As a classical musician, I tend to look at life as art and what better way to capture pieces of life's happiness than through photos. I love the idea of being able the change out my photos and a have sense of déjà vu by hanging photos from tiny clothes pins!


And souvenirs, of course! We bought these from a painter outside of La Bohème du Tertre on Montmartre in Paris. 


Since moving to Connecticut, I have garnished a slight obsession with vintage globes and maps! Thank goodness we don't have much room in our apartment, otherwise I would have an entire living room full of globes if I could! 


And lastly, my favorite photo in our apartment: a 1950's painting of Notre-Dame de Paris and a view of the bridge where we were engaged.


I hope these inspire you to find a little wanderlust of your own. Life is about making memories and finding happiness, so go now and plan your next adventure!

Salut!

The Vintage Chanteuse

No comments:

Post a Comment