Monday, August 11, 2014

Over the Weekend

We are Summering hard over here at The Vintage Chanteuse: Early morning runs, fresh sweet corn with every meal, ice cream for dinner, and lots of sunshine. This weekend we focused on slow living. We have a huge list of to-dos before schools starts again and rehearsals begin to fill our evenings and weekends. We worked hard but we also focused on quality time together before the madness starts. My mind is filled with day dreams of projects to complete in the next two weeks.  Here are some awesome things I found over the weekend...

Hidden 40 feet below the M. Steinert & Sons Piano Sellers in downtown Boston is a 120 year-old Renaissance-style concert hall!


This beautiful hall has been hidden away for nearly 70 years and used a storage space for 60 of those years. Here's a video showing the poor state of the mysterious concert hall!




Ben Wu and David Usui, of Lost & Found Films, have created this awesome series called "This Must Be The Place" which explores the idea of home. This is their newest video about a silent movie house, OLD TOWN, which a gentleman has lovingly restored and night-after-night plays an incredible Wurlitzer organ. I wish I lived closer to this place!




 After reading this article I am dying to get my hands on some vintage prints! 


I have been searching every tag sales and flea market looking for the perfect lipstick holder. I am smitten with this one from Anthropology!


Here's to working hard and living slowly,

The Vintage Chanteuse

No comments:

Post a Comment