Monday, September 29, 2014

Over the weekend

Here are a few lovely and inspiring things I found over the weekend!

JJ and I don't see much of each other these days. When we do see each other, it is usually in passing or while shoveling dinner down at ten o'clock at night. We joke, that some day we will look back at this time in our lives with fondness. But in all seriousness, this has been the happiest year of my life. Almost as happy as these sweet dachshund nuptials! Eek!


 
Before my Grandfather, Harold Bernt, passed away he wanted to visit Ellis Island. This was the place his mother, my grand grandmother, entered the United States through. Sadly, he never made it to Ellis Island, he did however, have a memorial brick placed with her name, Anna Korger, on the island. After my Grandfather passed, my family journeyed to this iconic piece of American history. We walked through the doors my great grandmother walked through. The story of Ellis Island is our history and sadly it is quickly deteriorating. As part of a revitalization project, the Save Ellis Island initiative created an art exhibit titled "Unframed-Ellis Island" featuring the works of artist JR. Find out more information here.




  PBS released the season 5 trailer of Downton Abbey! This is season is going to be incredible...

 

These gold leaf brooches from A Beautiful Mess are a must-try on my next free weekend! They are so adorable! 

And finally, I begin rehearsals this week for Connecticut Lyric Opera's production of Der Rosenkavalier. This music is so divine and magical.





No comments:

Post a Comment