Tuesday, July 22, 2014

over the weekend

We had an awesome, busy, and serendipitous first week back in New England after our trip to the Midwest.  We celebrated our one year anniversary of living in Connecticut as well as being soda free.  Yippee!  Connecticut was a huge transition, coming from the dry Arizona heat to freezing New England Winters. We left all of our friends and family behind in search of an adventure and knowledge.  It was lonely, scary, and completely worth it. 

Of course, we celebrated the way New Englanders celebrate: good food, good friends, good wine, and beautiful backyards filled with 200 year old oak trees. Oh, and singing a little opera too! I was inspired by my friends' wonderful outdoor living spaces and dreaming of life outside of the city.

Here are a few of my favorite things from over the weekend...

1.  Because I am such a wino...This bamboo wine table for two is perfect for the backyard!  



2. I am obsessed with the #PartyPartyApp from A Beautiful Mess.  This app is so fun and adds a little retro feel to instagram (as if it doesn't have that already!)




3.  You had me at Bee's Knees! We are buying our tickets to the Jazz Age Lawn Party today! Doesn't it look amazing?!


4.  This book will be making its way onto my coffee table very soon!


5.  Finally, this. I saw huge success this week and A LOT of failure. I am choosing to see success in my failures.  I think J.K. Rowling says it best...


Here's a little accompaniment for your week! I hope it's a wonderful one!



Salut!

The Vintage Chanteuse

No comments:

Post a Comment