Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Styling with Vintage Brooches


When I first started buying vintage pieces it was mostly because I was broke and need cute and cheap furnishings for my college apartment. Little did I know it would be the beginning of a love affair. However, it wasn't until my early twenties that I began dressing with vintage pieces.  I was a little hesitant that I wouldn't look normal...I've now realized that is the point!

I began my journey by adding small vintage pieces to my outfit everyday. I began small with vintage brooches! I became very creative with how I would incorporate them into my outfits. Here are some of my favorite ways to accessorize with brooches.

Pin a brooch to a necklace...

or pin it on your evening clutch!

Brooch too big for your handbag? Try a scarf!

Or even a French beret!

Makes me miss Paris...

Or, perhaps my favorite, in your hair!

Of course, if you're not in a brave mood, stick with the traditional location on a sweater or blazer lapel!


I have completely changed my mind in regards to wearing vintage. I am now fully committed to wearing vintage and vintage-inspired pieces in my everyday life. There is something very special and unique about wearing a vintage piece. I feel one-of-a-kind and distinctive. I can't help but make up stories about the woman who wore the piece before me and the wonderful places it has traveled. 

Salut!

The Vintage Chanteuse

No comments:

Post a Comment