Saturday, January 16, 2016

A Vintage Travel Love Affair: The Dress

It's been too long, my vintagistas! A lot has happened since we last met here: I am now a married woman! I have been meaning to share all my wedding plans along the way and it just never happened. *sigh*  As they say, better late than never. So, I thought "why not start now?" And here it is folks: A Vintage Travel Love Affair. 

The Dress

To be perfectly honest, I had no idea where to begin to find the illusive "perfect" dress. I scoured pinterest, etsy, and 5th St Vintage to no avail. I felt lost, chunky, and broke. It was as if every dress I was drawn to was too fancy, too small, or too expense. Then my mom, Yesterday's Lady, worked her magic and found the perfect dress.  


The dress is a beautiful vintage lace cocktail dress worn by my grandmother on her wedding day. I had only seen photos of the dress and wasn't sure in what condition it was or what size it was, but with my whole I wanted wear that dress.  








And sure enough, it was in great condition (albeit a bit dirty from 60 years in a closet)! I wore my husband's grandmother's crystal earrings and necklace from the 1950s and paired them coral colored gloves, a birdcage veil, and stilettos.


My "something borrowed" was a gorgeous nude silk clutch that my sister picked up from a flea market in Connecticut and a vintage fur wrap from my mom that has a label from Hovlin-Swanson in Lincoln, NE. It seems as if once I found the dress, everything fell into place!



Up next: The Ceremony!





Salut,

The Vintage Chanteuse



1 comment:

  1. Absolutely Beautiful!!!!! - Kathy, Fistful of Daisies

    ReplyDelete